Town of Greenwich, New York
Town of Greenwich, New York

Town Clerk's Office

Town Clerk

Kimberly Whelan

518-692-7611. x.100 | email


Sharon Chase | email

Marge Irwin

518-692-7611, x.101

The Town Clerk's Office is the public relations center of town's municipal government. We are here to answer your questions.


We accept:

  • cash
  • checks/money orders made out to Town of Greenwich
  • Master Card, VISA, Discover (In office only. Service Fee applied.)


Hunting/Fishing License

As a DEC Licensed Agent, you can purchase what you need during our regular office hours. Visit the NYS Department of Environmental Conservation for permit and licensing requirements. Note: Hunters with Landowner status must provide proof (such as a tax receipt) each year when applying for DMPs.


Dog License

For a new license, bring to us a current rabies certificate and proof of spaying or neutering. Renewals are mailed out annually. If you are renewing in person, bring in the renewal form and make sure the rabies info is correct. If renewing by mail, submit your signed renewal form and, if required, a copy of latest rabies certificate from your Veterinarian’s Office. We will return to you the completed dog license and rabies certificate.


FEES: $10 for spayed/neutered, $20 for non-spayed/unneutered. 

For more info, download the Dog Owner's Manual.



Handicap Permit

Before you come into the office, have form MV-664.1 completed and signed by your physician. Temporary permits are valid for 6 months. Permanent permits are valid for 5 years. We issue permits for Town residents only. If you live in the Village of Greenwich, apply at the Village Offices, 6 Academy St.

No fee.


Notary Services

Bring photo ID. Documents are to be signed IN PERSON before the Notary.

Call ahead for availability. 

No fee.


Garbage Stickers

We do not issue garbage stickers. Residents in the Village of Greenwich can purchase stickers at the Village Clerk's Office, 518-692-2755 for curbside pick-up via the Village DPW. The transfer station, operated by Waste Connections on Fiddler's Elbow Road, charges per bag on site. No stickers issued. Transfer station phone number: 518-692-7505

Marriage License

Getting married in New York State? To apply for a marriage license, call to make an appointment, 518-692-7611.


At the appointment both parties must come in person and each bring in:

1. a current photo ID (Driver's License, Passport, etc.)

2. an original or certified birth certificate, supply your parent’s full names, including mother’s maiden name and where they were born.

3. If applicable, copies of all your divorce papers or a death certificate for a deceased spouse.

4. Must submit certified translation if originals are in a language other than English.


Last appointment of the day must be made 45 minutes before closing.


Fee: $40. For more information, visit the NYS Department of Health.


Active military can receive a marriage fee waiver. Present military ID or deployment papers. Supply Commanding Officer's Name and phone number.


Copy of Birth/Death/Marriage Certificates

These documents are confidential and restrictions apply. We maintain the records for

Town - Birth: 1869-Present, Death: 1881-Present, Marriage: 1881-Present

Village - Birth: 1886-Present, Death: 1886-Present, Marriage: 1886-Present


Fees: Certified copies, $10, Genealogy, $22.


Download the applications for:

Birth Record Copy | Death Record Copy | Marriage Record Copy Genealogy Services for Birth, Death & Marriage Records


Visit the NYS Department of Health for more information.

View the Town of Greenwich Assessment

*2021 Final Roll*

Town of Greenwich
2 Academy Street

Greenwich, NY 12834

Phone: 518-692-7611

Fax: 518-855-4055


Like us on Facebook: GreenwichNYGov

Town Clerk

518-692-7611 x100

M, T, W: 8 am-Noon | 1 pm-4 pm

Th: 9 am - 7 pm

Fr: 8 am - Noon



518-692-7611 x105 

Town Court Fax: 518-692-8348

Court Thursday mornings - 9 am

Clerk Hours

T, Th: 8 am - 12 pm



518-692-7611, x104

T, Th: 9 am-12 pm | 1 pm-4 pm


Planning Board Clerk

518-692-7611 x103


Code Enforcement Officer 

518-692-7611 x106


Call for appointment.



518-692-7611 x107

Call for appointment.

Print Print | Sitemap
© Town of Greenwich 2012