Town of Greenwich, New York
Town of Greenwich, New York

Forms and Applications

Do I Need a Permit?

Accessory Structure


Go to Forms.

If it is less than 120 square feet, it does not need a building permit. Anything over that amount DOES require a building permit and must meet setback requirements for the specific Zoning District.



Highway Dept:



Go to Forms.

If installing a new driveway on a Town Road (residential or business), a Town of Greenwich Driveway Permit is needed. If improving or moving your driveway, call the Highway Superintendent PRIOR to any work being done to determine if a permit is needed.


If installing a new driveway on a County or State Road, you must obtain a permit from the appropriate entity.

Heating System


Go to Forms.

Permit Required.

Hudson & Battenkill River Setbacks

No structure, other than a marina may be located within 100 feet of the mean high-water mark. Vegetation clearing is limited. See full law for specifics.

Land Clearing & Grading


Go to Forms.

For Commercial, Residential and Hamlet/Mixed Use Zoning Districts, clearing one acre of property is allowed without a permit.

In Rural Agricultural and Industrial Districts, clearing two acres is allowed without a permit.

Except for bona fide forestry use or agricultural activities, any clearing more than those stated requires a Special Use Permit.

Manufactured Homes


Go to Forms.



Single-wide mobile homes in existence prior to 1/1/1999 may be replaced by a newer model. Permit required.

Manufactured homes with a living space of at least 1,000 sq. ft. and are a minimum of 24 ft wide by 40 ft long are placed on the appropriate footings and have a permanent concrete block or poured cement enclosure between the top of the slab and the bottom of the manufactured home or are placed on a full basement are allowed. Permit required.

New Business or change of use


Go to Forms.

Site plan Review or Special Use Permit required. See regulations.



Go to Forms.

Building Permit required for any new construction, additions or alterations.

Replacing a roof or windows

No permit required.

Septic System


Go to Forms.

Permit required.



Go to Forms.

Permit required.

Solar Energy Systems


Personal | Solar Farms

Permit required for roof top or ground mounted for personal use. Special Use Permit required for solar farms.

View the Town of Greenwich Final Assessment 2023 Roll


Town of Greenwich
2 Academy Street

Greenwich, NY 12834

Phone: 518-692-7611

Fax: 518-855-4055


Like us on Facebook: GreenwichNYGov

Town Clerk

518-692-7611 x100

M, T, W: 8 am - 3 pm

Th: Noon - 7 pm

F: 8 am - Noon



518-692-7611 x105 

Town Court Fax: 518-692-8348

Court Thursday: 9 am

Clerk Hours

T: 8 am - 12 pm

Th: 12 pm - 2 pm



518-692-7611, x104

T, Th: 9 am-12 pm | 1 pm-4 pm


Planning Board Clerk

518-692-7611 x103


Code Enforcement Officer 

518-692-7611 x106


Call for appointment.



518-692-7611 x107

Call for appointment.

Website Updates:

Print | Sitemap
© Town of Greenwich 2012